Leadership Monett - Learning to Lead, Leading to Serve
“Because anyone can steer a ship, but it takes a leader to chart the course." -- J. Maxwell
What is Leadership Monett?
- Leadership Monett is a program that is committed to providing and enhancing the foundation for great business and community leaders with targeted and specialized training in an affordable and accessible manner.
- It is based on the belief that an informed and committed community yields a better society for all.
- A great way to learn more about the Monett region.
Why is it Important to Monett?
- Because great leaders lead to great communities
- Because it is not always clear where the community needs help
- Because no one really teaches how to lead volunteer organizations
And because Leaders:
- Motivate us to take a journey with them
- Have an agenda
- Are results oriented
- Are original and originate
- Focus on people
- Challenge the status quo
- Are their own person
- Fix things that are not broken
- Raise and resolve issues quickly
- Do not always wait to be told what to do next
- Are not afraid to see self as others see them
- Are tenacious
- Are involved
Download the 2021 application below.
How Does Leadership Monett Work?
Leadership Monett is a four month program that is structured to teach leadership, while showing a broad appreciation of the unique quality of life that is the City of Monett and its surrounding Barry -- Lawrence County areas.
Leadership Monett is:
- Ice breakers
- Classmate interview sessions
- Leadership interactions
- Team building exercises
- Business etiquette
- Social skills
- Eight classroom sessions
- Plant tours
Leadership Monett Result
- Productive leaders at work
- Leaders who know and understand how communities work
- Leaders ready to support our broadening community needs