City Administrator: Dennis Pyle
- "Commission" form of government, composed of three elected officials - a mayor and two commissioners - each serving four-year terms. Regular meetings of the Council are held at 9:30 a.m. on the 20th of each month inside the Monett City Hall Council Room.
- Mayor Mike Brownsberger
- Commissioner Ken Gaspar
- Commissioner Al Dohmen
Chief George Daoud
- 20 full-time officers
- Educational programs.
- Quick response times and State-of-the-art "911" emergency system.
Chief Tom Jones
- 16 full-time firefighters
- 7 volunteer firefighters
- 2 fire stations
- Emergency vehicles include: a ladder truck, three front-line "pumpers," two mutual-aid trucks, a HAZMAT truck and a new rescue truck.
Barry County Seat – Cassville
- Gary Youngblood, Presiding Commissioner
- Gene Robbins, Southern Associate Commissioner
- Gary Schad, Northern Associate Commissioner
Lawrence County Seat – Mt. Vernon
- Bob Senninger, Presiding Commissioner
- Tim Selvey, Eastern Associate Commissioner
- David Botts, Western Associate Commissioner
State of Missouri
Mike Moon, Senate District 29
- Roy Blunt
- Josh Hawley
Billy Long, District 7